Monday, February 22, 2016

Field trip to Tulsa

This last week was really gooder. We had some cool things happen. Monday night we had dinner at a member's house and they had their friend and her mom over. Her mom, Tina, is very into the Bible. She's like a born-again Christian. Anyways, we taught the Restoration and it went really well. Then we asked Tina if she would read and pray about the Book of Mormon and she was like: Rev 22:18! And so we talked about it for a little bit and she wouldn't budge, BUT then her daughter, Joyce, was like: I've read the Book of Mormon, and prayed about it and I know it's true. Keep in mind that Joyce is a really quiet girl. So Tina was like: ok maybe I'll read it. So we saw them again on Thursday and taught the Plan of Salvation and Tina agreed with everything that we were teaching, which is actually strange because, if I'm not mistaken, there is no other Christian church that teaches that the pre-mortal existence is true doctrine and she believes in it so that was cool. The only thing that she didn't quite accept was when we were teaching about how the spirits in spirit prison will have a chance to be taught the gospel, and she was like: where does it say that in the Bible? Luckily, having anticipated this question I already had my scriptures open to 1 Peter 3:19 and 4:6. She tried to bring up the parable about the rich man and Lazarus but she couldn't find it, and I didn't want to tell her where it was at because I didn't want to argue a moot point. Anyways, she's fine with Joyce coming to church but she won't let her get baptized even though Joyce wants to get baptized, but we hear from our members through Joyce, that her mom loved our visit and Tina herself told us that she could see the spirit of Jesus in us. So we asked her if she'd read, and she was like nah, but then our member asked her what she was afraid of and she was like it might be of the devil, but then she was like, but I've read the Koran, so we were like ? Anyways enough of these run on sentences, as soon as we can get her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, she'll be asking us to join the church and then everybody will be happy, and then she'll go to the temple and then she'll go on a mission and then Joyce will go on a mission too, and then sealed in the temple too and all the other good things that come from joining the church. :) Anyways, Saturday we got to go to Tulsa for Elder Christofferson, Elder Robbins and Elder Southward. It was a sweet meeting. One thing that really struck me was how humble Elder Christofferson was. In like general conference and stuff, he's always super intelligent and serious, but in real life, he's super down to earth and chill. I just got the feeling that he was super humble, and it was cool because the general authorities are just normal people in the end. Anyways, the Oklahoma City mission was there as well, and they're mission president is super tall. In the middle of Elder Robbins remarks I was talking to my boy Elder Chapman about how tall he was and I said: I bet he can dunk. And while I said that I put my hand in the air like I was dunking. So everybody on the stand probably saw me doing that. Super embarrassing. But it was a great experience, super spiritual and there were some really good pointers that were given. And I got to see a bunch of my really good missionary buds, so that's always a blast. To finish off the week, Tanner got baptized and it was the best baptism I've had on my mission so far! Super spiritual and Tanner said he's never felt so good in his entire life before! We've even heard the rumors that he might go on a mission. His whole family is reactivating which is a miracle because before, they wouldn't even let home teachers into their home, plus the dad is going to baptize their 11 year old either this Saturday or next so things are going pretty swell. This morning we went to the Sam's Club headquarters and got a little tour of some of their kitchens and we got to taste test some foods that they may put on their shelves. We also got transfer calls and our whole zone is staying the same so nothing crazy there. Also, this happened a while ago, but one of our ward mission leaders grew up in Chilicothe Missouri and he knows my grandparents and some of my aunts and uncles so that was crazy.
Love, Elder Naegle

No comments:

Post a Comment