Wednesday, April 29, 2015

March 31, 2015

We didn't have hardly any time to email yesterday so that is why we're emailing today. Anyways I am in a little place called Ava Missouri. The population here is less than 3,000. It's really small. But there is a Taco Bell, and there wasn't a Taco Bell in Parsons, so it's all good. It's also a ward here and Parsons only had a branch, so that's pretty cool.
My new companion is Elder Ewart and he is a stud. He's a really good wrestler from Delta Utah. He's won 4 state championships and he's placed every time but I can't remember the placings and I don't want to ask him because that would be kinda awkward. He loves to lift, a lot more than me. He is super jacked and we lift every day. There's a tiny little rec center place that we go to and it costs $30 a month and they don't even have a real bench or squat rack... It's ok though, we still go hard with what we've got. We get up at 5 every morning, go and lift for 2 hours, then we shower and get ready at the rec center because we live 15 miles outta town so we don't go back to where we live until we're done for the night. After we are done lifting and getting dressed we go to the church to study and eat breakfast. We have permission to leave all our food in the fridge in the church and so we've got a pretty good setup, until we go home for the night and we're hungry and can't eat anything because all our food is elsewhere... We have to drive on a dirt road and through a stream to get to where we live, which is in the basement of a member's house. We've got a Nissan Frontier which is easily the best car you can get in this mission. It's awesome, I've fallen in love with it and now I want a truck. Because Elder Ewart's last companion never had his driving info sent in, Elder Ewart had to drive the whole time he was with him. So Elder Ewart has let me drive everyday so far. One time I drove really fast through the stream and it was really fun. Then I got an aggressive driving infraction so I guess I won't be doing that again :( 
So the first night that I was here we got a call from our district leader, Elder Mo'unga (or just Mo), and he wanted to have an exchange the very next day. He had just gotten a brand new companion too and he wanted to give him some shotgunning (normally one missionary stays in an area because they know the area but when both missionaries are new to the area it's called shotgunning) experience. So I went to Houston, Texas (county) for the day with Elder Dye. He's pretty cool. The plan that Elder Mo had for us was just tracting but Elder Dye and I hate tracting so we just drove around a lot so that Elder Dye could get to know the area and we did a lot of talking, mostly about girls, and then that night we stayed up really late talking about girls again. So as ya'll can tell it was really fun. 
Our district is probably the best district in the mission. We've got Elder Mo and Dye, myself and Ewart and then Sisters Merril and Burt. Sister Burt was in my district in the MTC and Sis Merril is really chill, she even hooked Elder Ewart up with one of her friends who's really pretty. Elder Dye is really cool and Elder Mo is nuts! There are a lot of stories about Elder Mo that I could tell. All I'm gonna say is that he's been emergency transferred a LOT of times. He's basically a crazy poly who has a free spirit, and does whatever he wants. He's so stinking funny. We have district outing every Monday and yesterday it was a blast. Elder Mo made everybody think he was getting sent home and everybody believed him it was so funny. One guy smashed his drink because he was ticked haha. We blew up a ton of balloons and then put them in the Sister's car while they were emailing and Mo wrote stuff on their windows with window chalk. It was a jolly good time, until we were leaving and discovered that Mo had also written a bunch of stuff on our truck with the chalk. There were two big swastikas on our windshield and a bunch of other stuff that I think is in Polynesian because I can't read it. We erased the swastikas but sadly all the other stuff is still there.
Well things are going really good so far so I think that I'm gonna have a great time here in Ava. Also I have a good amount of pictures that I'm going to sen but the library here doesn't let you plug things into their computer, so eventually ya'll will get some good pictures.
Everybody stay classy!
Elder Naegle


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment