Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Price of discipleship


Well this week was pretty lame and nothing really happened until Wednesday. Pretty much Springfield has not been all that great since I got here. So on Wednesday the zone leaders came to district meeting and had interviews with everyone. They asked how I was doing and I promptly told them that I was not doing all that great and so we had a discussion about me and my companion and obedience and the Spirit and what I could do. Basically there are a lot of things that we've been doing that are things we shouldn't be doing. Mostly just trivial things, nothing serious. For example there's this less active from the YSA who basically hangs out with us all day on Monday because he gives us rides places. He usually hangs out in our apartment and in all the other Elders' apartments. The zone leaders informed me that that is not ok. My companion has been out for 23 months and he didn't know that. Also getting up on time. My companion has not gotten up on time since I got here I think. Unfortunately I have given in and followed suit more often than I should have. So this last week I have been trying really hard to be more obedient and it's a struggle because I really do not feel like my companion supports me in this cause. I have brought up to him more than once about not having this less active in our apartment and he won't disagree with me but he doesn't agree with me. I have struggled a lot with anger towards my companion which is not ok. I even cleaned up the apartment while my companion was taking a nap during companionship study time because the zone leaders told me that they didn't feel the spirit in our apartment when they dropped by a couple of weeks ago. So I have started to feel a lot better since I've started actively trying to do what's right. We even wore proselyting clothes today because I decided to put them on and my companion followed suit.

In other news, we finally had a lesson with Bro Gossett. He is really sincere and he really wants to get baptized. He has some issues like smoking but that shouldn't be a problem. He feels like he's the worst sinner in the world. He came to sacrament meeting though and he shaved his scraggly beard! He made the comment that the church didn't burn down so that shows what he thinks of himself but I'm hoping it also means that he thinks that he's getting better so yeah. He's awesome. None of our other investigators are progressing that well. It's spring break this week so a lot of people are going to be gone. 

Sorry about the depressing stuff, it will all work out. It's good to have trials because that means that the Lord thinks you're worthy of them and he's improving you. It was interesting, we have the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 on our wall and on the back of the pictures it gives a brief synopsis of the person's life. They are all very amazing and they all have very impressive resumes you could say. It's neat how they gave up all of it to serve the Lord full time, especially because I'm very positive they have all made a LOT of money in their lives. It's cool because all of that is a reflection of who they are and all their hard work. So everybody work hard! Work is something we should actively seek out because those who avoid work are usually pretty big losers, and nobody wants to be a loser. 

That's all that I've got for this week, but we did hear a tornado alarm, it was just a testing though. There's a lady with a mustache at a gas station we frequent. For the first time in my life I was offered a cigarette. There's a sister in my district who was roommates with Allie Borzoni. There's also a lady in my ward whose nephew is Tyler Brown so it's a pretty small world. Zone conference is on Friday and I'm super excited. It will be nice because we'll only have to drive like 20 minutes to the Springfield stake center instead of 4 hours.
Love, 
Elder Naegle




No comments:

Post a Comment